As the Government shutdown continues to drag on one thing seems apparent: those opposing the wall are hoping their constituents aren’t paying attention or just don’t care. Consider a few of the facts presented by President Trump in a letter President Trump sent to Congress earlier this month:
- In fiscal year (FY) 2018, 17,000 adults at the border with existing criminal records were arrested by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and border agents.
- In FY2017 and FY2018, ICE officers arrested approximately 235,000 aliens on various criminal charges or convictions within the interior of the United States—including roughly 100,000 for assault, 30,000 for sex crimes, and 4,000 for homicides.
- We are now averaging 60,000 illegal and inadmissible aliens a month on our Southern Border.
- Last month alone, more than 20,000 minors were smuggled into the United States.
- The immigration court backlog is nearly 800,000 cases.
- There has been a 2,000 percent increase in asylum claims over the last five years, with the largest growth coming from Central America—while around 9 in 10 claims from Central American migrants are ultimately rejected by the immigration courts, the applicant has long since been released into the interior of the United States.
- In FY2017, roughly 135,000 illegal and inadmissible family units arrived from Central America. Of those, less than 2 percent have been successfully removed from the country due to a shortage of resources and glaring loopholes in our federal laws.
- So far in FY2019, we have seen a 280 percent increase in family units from FY2018.
- 300 Americans are killed every week from heroin—90 percent of which floods across our Southern Border.
- Illegal immigration is a humanitarian crisis: 1 in 3 migrant women is sexually assaulted on the journey northward to the U.S. border; 50 illegal migrants a day are referred for emergency medical care; and CBP rescues 4,300 people a year who are in danger and distress.
That is an airtight case that there is a problem at the border and that a wall is one of many things that needs to be done to help curb the problem. Then consider that through restructuring NAFTA we are saving billions of dollars (Mexico indirectly paying), or consider the staggering amounts of wasteful government spending that occurs on a daily basis. Or how about the amount of money we spend on foreign wars that we shouldn’t even be a part of? Or this; Rand Paul recently tweeted that we give foreign aid to China and borrow money from them to pay them back…
The point being that we waste so much money on so much crap that even if the wall was a complete waste of money, $5.7 billion dollars is less than a drop in the bucket compared to the amount we spend each year and why not give it a shot to see if it does anything?
It gets even worse. Chuck and Nancy, the two-headed monster that is the mouthpiece of the opposition party, voted for fencing several times, as did then Senators Obama and Clinton. We even had the money earmarked for it and the fence was simply never built. So we’re supposed to take Chuck and Nancy on their word that it’s immoral and just bad for *reasons* while they previously voted for it in the past? And for the cherry on top, why is it okay that we fund a wall in Jordan but cannot do the same for ourselves? Why is it okay for Israel to have a wall but not for ourselves? Did you know Chuck Schumer, as well as many other members of Congress have dual citizenship and are Israeli citizens as well? Why is it okay for them to defend their borders, Chuck, but we aren’t?
It is clear they do not care about Americans and in fact think so little of us that they think we’re stupid enough to listen to them deride the wall without noticing their past track record or their current stances in general. It is downright insulting and shows the absolute disdain with which they view the American public.
Which leads to the thrust of the idea. I really believe these people are hoping that they can dumb down the American public faster than they think we can catch onto their lies. Watch a news broadcast from even 15 years ago compared to today. You may once in a while actually find a spirited debate where opposing views are actually debated at the same time and both viewpoints being heard. Take a look at this video of Jared Taylor talking with Donahue about race in America. This conversation would NEVER occur today. They would NEVER want you to hear the facts or hear the viewpoint that Jared brings to the table. No. Now segments are one-sided and they are so short nothing of substance is ever said before another commercial break or topic change takes place. The “opponent” in today’s segments are usually controlled opposition (read: approved). Sometimes someone like Tucker will get someone on where there is genuine pushback but the segments are so short that neither side can really have the time to get their point across and it often ends in a screaming match that Tucker needs to end because they aren’t getting anywhere.
This isn’t a coincidence. The mainstream media is dumbing down the American public. They are removing the critical thinking skills that we all once had in much greater abundance. Couple that with distracting smart phones, shorter video clips, more commercials, and less people reading, and you get a genuinely dumbed down public. IQ scores are falling worldwide. Mainstream media will want you to believe that is due to climate change…but it is more likely due to the reasons stated in the Unz article. Either way, the fact is they really are falling. People really are getting dumber. You are not just imagining it. And Americans are reading less and less every year which cannot help critical thinking skills or holding attention spans.
All of this adds up to people like Chuck and Nancy thinking they can somehow justify their current position on the wall and not think anyone will notice how patently absurd it is. Or worse, maybe they do know and just don’t think anyone will care. Entertainment has been the opiate of the masses. So long as people are comfortable and distracted many simply will not care about a wall or the hypocrisies of these people. I fear a majority of the population will be in for a rude awakening when civilization as we know it begins to break down because we never addressed these problems and let them fester and metastasize to the point that they become uncontrollable. Perhaps we have already passed the point of no return. The trend certainly seems to be pointing that way. But maybe it has not. And I’m thankful we have a President who is standing his ground and genuinely fighting to reverse this trend.